The River Cree Twin Rinks is just what it sounds like ... two NHL-sized hockey rinks making it the first sporting experience of its kind in Alberta. It’s managed by Canlan Ice Sports – the world leader in multipurpose ice sports facility operations – so it’s a big hit with athletes, spectators and associates alike.
If you would like to apply for this position or another position at Canlan please contact:
Lori Dochuk, Office Manager at 780-930-2683.
Youth League Convenor
Ice Sports – River Cree Resort, Edmonton
Reports to: Programs Manager
Canlan Ice Sports is the largest private sector developer and operator of recreational ice sports facilities in North America. The company’s success in the recreation industry is attributed to a combination of innovative programming and world-class facilities. We are home to the largest adult recreation hockey league in North America with close to 40,000 league members – the “Adult Safe Hockey league” (ASHL). We understand our customers’ need for service excellence and are committed to it.
Under the direction of the Programs Manager, the League Convener is responsible to assist in the planning and operation of the 3on3 Youth Hockey League. The League Convener is a direct link to the teams from the facility management.
General Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with preparation of team playing schedules and tournament draws.
- Responsible for the collection of all team/player registration fees.
- Responsible for daily administration of league operations including the printing of game sheets, interpretation of the league rulebook, updating standings and statistics, data base entry, providing customer service to the teams, and resolving conflicts.
- Provide updates and evaluations of the refereeing staff as required
- Scheduling of referees and timekeepers.
- Problem solving as required and is a direct liaison from management to the team reps and players. Nightly visitation to the teams' dressing rooms.
- Other duties as assigned by league manager.
- Candidate must be able to work mainly evenings and weekends.
- One year of experience in a hockey related field in an operations capacity.
- Graduation from a university/college in the sporst/leisure administration field would be an asset.
- Experience in customer service and marketing would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, particularily Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of hockey and related rules.
- Good understanding of tournament draws.
Experience and Education
- Must have a minimum of grade 12 or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 1-year experience in the above field.
- Must be able to follow directions, written and oral.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills preferred
We thank all applicants for their interest and in Canlan Ice Sports Corp. as a possible employer. Please be advised that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted further. Primary preference will be given to local market area applicants.