The River Cree Twin Rinks is just what it sounds like ... two NHL-sized hockey rinks making it the first sporting experience of its kind in Alberta. It’s managed by Canlan Ice Sports – the world leader in multipurpose ice sports facility operations – so it’s a big hit with athletes, spectators and associates alike.
If you would like to apply for this position or another position at Canlan please contact:
Lori Dochuk, Office Manager at 780-930-2683.
Sport Store Supervisor
Location: Ice Sports Edmonton – River Cree Twin Rinks
Years of Experience: 2 - 3
Canlan Ice Sports is the largest private sector developer and operator of recreational ice sports facilities in North America. The company's success in the recreation industry is attributed to a combination of innovative programming and world-class facilities. We are home to the largest adult recreation hockey league in North America with close to 40,000 league members – the “Adult Safe Hockey League” (ASHL). We understand our customers’ need for service excellence and are committed to it.
Canlan Ice Sports – Where the Experience is Everything!
Visit our website at www.icesports.com to explore more about who we are.
Our Business Plan for 2006 sees new growth for our business. Our expansion includes an exciting new 2-pad facility, part of the River Cree Resort & Casino currently under construction in Edmonton, Alberta.
We presently have an exciting opportunity for: Sports Store Supervisor
Reporting to the General Manger, the Sports Store Supervisor will direct day to day operations of the Sports Store – ensuring a high level of Customer Service is achieved in the operation. The position is responsible for scheduling and supervising all regular and part-time staff. The supervisor will insure that inventory control systems and company policies are maintained and supervised. The responsibilities towards Sports Store merchandising, promotions, cost controls, sales targets, net financial results and assistance in annual operating plan (AOP) preparation are all responsibilities of this position.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Retail Sales & Service, customer service, and cash handling.
- Merchandising of all inventory products, including signage, pricing and layout.
- Inventory management, ensuring profitable inventory turns per year, day to day stock levels, effective ordering to maximize turns and potential discounts. In addition, the Supervisor will implement processes to ensure the security of assets and reduce inventory shrink. The Supervisor is responsible for the receiving of product and to approve vendor invoices.
- Opening and closing store procedures
- Staff scheduling, training and team development, payroll hour’s management.
- Assist other departments with the ordering and delivery of special / seasonal merchandise. (Example: ASHL Jerseys).
- Regular inventory counts & reconciliations.
- Store and skate shop cleanliness
- Annual budgeting.
- Skate sharpening
- Simple equipment repairs
- Maintenance of equipment – including rental skates.
- Ability to work with a team and be a member of the facilities management team, including MOD (Manager on Duty) responsibilities.
- Will partner with the Sport Store region manager to ensure all goals are met.
Education and Experience
Note: As a member of the facility Management Team, this position requires a police background check and clearance with respect to persons working with vulnerable persons.
Candidates will posses retail merchandising and sales experience, as well as excellent customer service skills. They should also possess hockey knowledge, computer skills and cash handling experience. The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and customers is also essential. Working weekends and evenings will be required.
We thank all applicants for their interest and in Canlan Ice Sports Corp. as a possible employer. Please be advised that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted further.