Manages restaurant operations and staff on a daily basis, in their respective outlet. Supervises daily restaurant operations; assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards and assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods. Functions as a department head to direct and work with the food and beverage management team and associates to successfully execute restaurant operations; strives to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility.
- Operations: Directs the outlet of influence. Works with Food & Beverage leaders and associates to execute the F&B strategy and focus on meeting or exceeding departmental and hotel goals. Ensures compliance with Marriott Operating Standards to maintain brand integrity.
- Guest Satisfaction: Ensures products and or services provided by the restaurant meet or exceed guest expectations and build customer loyalty through product and service excellence.
- Human Resources: Hires, develops and retains a diverse workforce to deliver excellent products and services. Creates and sustains a work environment that focuses on fair and equitable treatment and associate satisfaction to enable business success.
- Sales and Revenue Management: Assists in developing the F&B marketing strategy targeting both in-house and external customers. Maximizes revenue by concentrating on both the average check and number of covers.
- Financial Management: Develops and manages the department’s annual operating budget including capital expenditures to achieve or exceed budget expectations. Ensures successful performance by effectively managing wages, productivity and expenses in accordance with business demand.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma preferred
- Hospitality Management Degree/Diploma beneficial
- Certifications as required to comply with local, provincial and health codes, i.e., food safety and alcohol awareness is an asset
- 3 years Restaurant Management Experience
- Knowledge of liquor control procedures
- Effective decision making skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
- Ability to work well in stressful and high pressure situations
- Effective influence skills
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect restaurant and related areas
- Ability to effectively manage labour productivity
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems including point of sale systems
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Effective conflict management skills
- Good training/facilitator skills
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Subsidized associate dining room.
- Free parking and/or associate shuttle service from west Edmonton location.
- A ground floor opportunity to join a dynamic Food & Beverage team in an interesting and challenging environment.
- Company discounts including worldwide hotel/resort discounts.